PMA Race Series 2018
PMA Race Series Results
The PMA Multisport Race series (Adults) only will be based on the best 3 races from the 4 race series and will provide the opportunity to compete against others over slightly different formats of events and whilst all 4 events can be completed just the top 3 scoring events will count.
Race 1 – Carsington Duathlon (Carsington Water, Derbyshire)
- Sunday 22nd April 2018
- 5K Run/30K Bike/5K Run
- The final race of the PMA race series is based at the fabulous setting of Carsington Water and consists of a fast out and back 5K run with a rolling 30K bike section including the famous ‘Middleton Top climb’ and then finishes with another 5K run, which is the same as run 1.
Race 2 – Ashbourne Triathlon (Ashbourne, Derbyshire)
- Sunday 20th May 2018
- 400M pool swim/17k Bike/5K Run
- Description coming soon
Race 3 – Blithfield Triathlon
- Sunday 29th July 2018
- 1.5k Open Water Swim/40K Bike/10K Run
- 750m Open Water Swim/20K Bike/5K Run
- The race is based at the Sailing Club and provides an opportunity to either compete at the Sprint distance or the Standard distance. Free camping is provided ensuring a great family weekend with a fast rolling bike, which promises to be a PB course.
Race 4 – 26th Derby Triathlon (Etwall, Derby)
- Sunday 9th September 2018
- 400M pool swim/18K Bike/5K Run
- One of the largest pool based Triathlons in the East Midlands region with around 600 entries and over half of the field of those taking part of a Triathlon for the first time makes this a great event to remember. The event consists of a 400M pool swim set off in waves based on swim ability with an 18K rolling bike through a mixture of country lanes and main road and finishes with an out and back 5K run along a disused railway path.
- Minimum age is 15 based on your age of 31/12/18
- No fee to enter – as long as you race then we will automatically include you in the series standings
- Prizes will be presented at the awards presentation of the final race and will include:-
- Top 3 men and women
- Top 3 Vet male (40-49)
- 1st Female vet (40-49)
- 1st Super Vet male & female (50+)
There will be a £15 discount by pre-entering 3 events and £30 discount by pre-entering all 4 events. The discount will only apply when entered on-line all events at the same time.
The scoring methodology is based on a baseline percentile of the finishers position receiving 100 points so in a field of 100 finishers at Blithfield Sprint the 25th finisher receives 100 points and all other finishers will receive a score based on a % of this:-
- Blithfield Standard Triathlon (40%)
- Derby Triathlon (10%)
- Carsington Duathlon (25%)